The purpose of the Military Order of the Devil Dog Fleas is to band together, to pester, pinch and otherwise make the life of the Devil Dogs one of chasing, scratching, rolling and rubbing pests to get them out of their hair and hide and to create a bond of fun and comradeship between the Military Order of the Devil Dogs and their Fleas. The time spent together in this organization is called a SCRATCH, not a meeting. A Flea Scratch usually takes place at the same time as a Military Order of Devil Dog Growl. The Dress code is casual; the idea is to have fun.
The Real Purpose
1. Promote a better bond of companionship and comradeship between the members of the Marine Corps League and the Marine Corps League Auxiliary.
2. To foster love of the loyal purpose and principles of the Marine Corps League and the Marine Corps League Auxiliary.
3. To hold sacred the memory of departed Marines, members of the Marine Corps League and the Marine Corps League Auxiliary.
4. To render assistance wherever and when ever possible, to Marines living or deceased and to their survivors.
5. At all times, look for ways to promote more fun, devilment, and pestering of the Devil Dogs and to make life more pleasant for all.
How to Become a Flea
1. Must be a Regular Member in good standing of the Marine Corps League Auxiliary.
2. Fill out Flea Application.
3. Go through the Initiation at a Scratch of a Unit Hide, a Department Hide or the National Hide.
Military Order of the Devil Dogs Fleas, Virginia Pack
The Virginia Pack of the Military Order of the Devil Dogs Fleas has only one hide which is at the Department level and is therefore not attached to a particular detachment. The Fleas conduct their meetings at Department Staff Meetings and Convention. For more information on becoming a Flea please contact: Cindy Marshall firstname.lastname@example.org 540-710-5849 (home) and 540-220-2143 (cell).
Updated 18 May 2018